In one of our previous guides (find it here), we have covered how to create channels on Telegram, which is a fairly easy task. But what if you need to remove the channel you don’t need? How to get rid of it? This guide will introduce to you the instructions on how to delete Telegram channel within a minute. Just stay tuned and follow the instructions.
Access the Telegram app by clicking on its icon in the first place
- The first thing you should do in order to delete Telegram channel of yours is to launch the app on your smartphone.
In order to delete Telegram channel the admin of which you tend to be, you should access that channel
- Once the app has been opened, you should find a channel you want to delete among other chats in your inbox. Once you have done it, just simply enter it by tapping on the channel.
Now, you need to click on the channel’s name in order to proceed further
- On the page of your channel, you have to click on the channel’s name and number of subscribers, placed at the top. Do it.
Click on the button of the channel’s settings in order to delete Telegram channel of yours
- Then, you will get to see the actual moderation page of your channel. In the right-upper part of it, there is a button of settings shaped as a cogwheel – you need to tap on it.
Then, you will have to access the page of the channel’s info
- After accessing the channel’s page of settings, you will get to see three options at the top: Channel Info, Recent Actions, and Administrators. Click on the first one in order to proceed further.
On this page, you need to scroll down till the very bottom of it
- The next page will display the information about your channel – actually, you can edit it here. But you need to scroll down till the very bottom of this page.
You can delete Telegram channel of yours by giving a click to this text button
- Once you have scrolled down until the bottom of that page, you will get to see a red “Delete Channel” text button. You need to tap on it for the purpose of deleting your channel.
Once you have clicked on the “OK” button, the channel will not exist anymore and won’t be able to be restored in any way
- Then, you will get to see a warning, notifying you that nothing from the channel can be retrieved in the future, after deleting it. In order to delete this channel, you need to click on the “OK” text button.
Now, you can observe that the channel has entirely been removed from Telegram
- Right after that, you will get to see the page of your Telegram’s inbox once again. This time, however, there will be no channel – it has just been deleted.