Even though Telegram is known for making default notifications without popup (though, you can enable popups in the settings), this messenger also has repeat notifications. That means that if you didn’t read a message you have been notified about, the notification will appear once again. With the help of our simple, step-by-step guide you will learn how to disable repeat notifications on Telegram, if they bother or annoy you.
Before you will get to disable repeat notifications on Telegram, you need to launch the app on your smartphone first
- Before you will be able to disable repeat notifications on Telegram, you should launch the app itself.
- Once you have launched the app, you need to click on the button that is located in the right-upper corner, and that will trigger a self-side menu of this messenger.
The next step of yours must be accessing the left-side menu of the app
- After accessing the app’s menu, you need to tap on “Settings” (placed closer to the bottom). Do it.
Access the page of settings, as you will be able to disable repeat notifications on Telegram exactly there
- Then, you will see the page of your account’s settings there. You need to look in the “Settings” section, where you should tap on “Notifications and Sounds” in order to move further.
This section of your Telegram account’s settings allows you disable repeat notifications on your smartphone
- On the next page, you will get to see a lot of settings of notifications. However, you need to scroll down until the very bottom of that page.
At first, you need to scroll down lower
- At the bottom of that page, you will get to see the “Other” section. The very last setting of that section is “Repeat Notifications.” That’s the place where you can disable or reconfigure repeat notifications. This way, you should tap on “1 hour” (which is set by default).
Almost at the bottom of the notifications settings page, you can disable repeat notifications on Telegram
- Then, you will get to see a pop-up window. In that window, you can select one of the following settings for repeat notifications: off, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, and 4 hours. If you wish to disable repeat notifications at all, tap on “off.” If you wish to reconfigure these settings, select the time you wish. You can also cancel all this attempt of configuration by clicking on “Cancel” at the bottom of the window.
Choose the delay between repeat notifications or turn them off at all by selecting „Off“
- Once you have done that, you will get to see the same page with new configurations you have just set up.
After selecting „Off“ in the previous window, you will see that your page of notifications settings will look something similar to this
By the way, you can also find more guides for Telegram on our website, namely on this page.