Even though Telegram’s notifications are quite moderate and rarely bother the users, there is one particular type of notifications that may cause the user’s wish to turn them off: event notifications. Event notifications appear when someone posts a pinned message or someone new is joining the Telegram network. And while the latter tends to be quite useful, the number of pinned messages may sometimes be overwhelming. Thus, it may be quite useful to consider reconfiguring these settings. Our step-by-step guide will show you how to disable Telegram event notifications with quite an ease and quickly.
It does not tend to be difficult to disable Telegram event notifications (which may sometimes be annoying), yet you need to launch the app in order to do it
- In order to disable Telegram event notifications, the first thing you should do is launching the application. For that, you need to find its icon on your smartphone and tap on it.
You need to click here in order to access the application’s menu
- Then, you will get to see the Telegram page with the chats of yours. Yet, you should not open any chat, but, instead, you need to click on the button placed in the left-upper corner.
In order to disable Telegram event notifications, you should access the page of settings and proceed further
- After you have done that, you will get to see a menu of the application. It will be quite large and located on the left side. There, you need to find the “Settings” menu item and tap on it.
The event notifications on Telegram can be configured in this section of the settings
- Once you have accessed the page of your account’s settings on Telegram, you should tap on the “Notifications and Sounds” sections, which was placed under “Settings.”
In the lower part of the notifications and sounds settings page, you can see a section “Events”
- After you have done that, you need to scroll down the page of the notifications until you will get to see the “Events” section. That is the place where you can configure event notifications.
You can click on this button in order to disable notifications about pinned messages
- There, you will actually get to see two settings: Contact joined Telegram and Pinned Messages. You can disable any of these settings by tapping on the buttons placed next to the settings.
Now, notifications about events from Telegram will not bother you anymore, as you have just turned them off
- Once you have unselected one or two of these settings, they will automatically be saved like this. That’s all you had to do in order to disable Telegram event notifications.
You can also find more guides for this popular messenger on this page. It is expected that the popularity of Telegram will grow even more after it will launch its own blockchain and cryptocurrency (this news can be read here).