Among other features on Telegram, there is an ability to enable Telegram 2-step verification. This allows you to ensure that no one will be able to get access to your account on any other device, elevating the level of your account’s security. Just follow our instructions in order to get it set up!
Launch the Telegram app in order to enable Telegram 2-step verification feature
- The first thing you should do is to launch your Telegram application.
Trigger the app’s left-side menu by giving a click to this button
- Then, you will get to see the page with messages on Telegram. There, you need to click on the button located in the left-upper corner.
Then, you should access the page of your account’s settings
- After you will launch the app’s left-side menu, you have to tap on “Settings,” which is placed at the bottom.
The page of privacy and security settings allows you enabler Telegram 2-step verification
- Once you have got to see the page of your account’s settings, you need to tap on “Privacy and Security” under “Settings.”
Click on this option in order to start configuring the Telegram 2-step verification
- Now you have got to see the page where you can enable Telegram 2-step verification. Tap on “Two-Step Verification” under “Security.”
Click on this option in order to set up the Telegram 2-step verification feature
- On the next page, you need to click on “Set Additional Password.”
Make up a password and type it in here in order to proceed further
- Then, type the password you want to set up in the given field and click on the “Continue” button in the right-upper corner.
Repeat the password you have just made up and click on the „Continue“ button
- On the following page, you will be asked to repeat the password. Type your password in that field again and click on the same “Continue” button once more.
You need to create a hint that will remind you the password
- Now, you need to create a hint for your password – it will give you a clue about your password if you accidentally forget it. Type the hint in the given field and click on the “Continue” button.
Type your email in this field, as it may be useful for the account recovery
- The next step of yours must be providing your email address. In a case if you forget the password, it will be the only means to recover your account. Type your email address in the given field and click on “Continue.”
Now you need to confirm your email address
- Now, you have to confirm your email address. Access your inbox and find a letter from Telegram. Click on the link placed there.
Find the letter from Telegram and open the link published in that letter
- Now, you have just enabled the 2-step verification on Telegram.
Once you have got to see such a window, that means that you have succeeded to enable Telegram 2-step verification
More guides for Telegram can be found here.