There is a clear advantage of using Telegram over other messaging apps: it consumes far less data and traffic than does Snapchat and WhatsApp. But there is even greater news when it comes to this kind of an issue: Telegram offers you the settings with the help of which you can limit every type of data. Thus, you will learn how to limit mobile data usage on Telegram with the help of this guide, and you should just follow the guidelines in order to get everything done correctly.
The first step of yours must be launching this app on your smartphone
- First of all, you should find the app’s icon on your smartphone and tap on it in order to launch Telegram.
You can limit mobile data usage on Telegram with ease, yet you need to launch trigger the left-side menu in the first place
- After that, you will access the page of the inbox of your Telegram account. In the left-upper corner of it, there is a three-lined button – click on it and it will trigger a menu.
Now, you need to access the page of settings of your Telegram account
- Once you have got to see the app’s left-side menu, you need to move further by going to “Settings.”
You can manage storage and data in the section, which you will access by giving a click here
- You can access the page where you can manage data usage by tapping on “Data and Storage” under “Settings.”
In order to limit mobile data usage on Telegram, click on the section under “Automatic media download” where you want to limit the data usage
- On the following page, you will be able to limit data usage. In particular, that can be done under “Automatic media download.” First of all, you can simply switch off “Auto-Download Media” by tapping on the button beside it. If you want to retain it, but to limit data usage, you need to select one of the types of files (let’s suppose that you have clicked on “Photos”).
Typically, photos and other media files are not allowed for sending/receiving in roaming by default (unless you turn it on)
- On the page of “Photos” data usage, you will see that there are three types of data usage limitation: when using mobile data, when connected on Wi-Fi, and when roaming. Tap on the ones that you want to switch on or switch off. Click on the “Continue” button in the right-upper corner.
This way you can limit the maximum size of files and data that can be spent
- Then, enter the section of videos.
- In the “Video” data usage section, you can limit how much data usage on videos will be consumed by dragging the indicator to the right (more) or to the left (less).
After you have configured the size, you need to click on this button
- Then, click on the “Continue” button again.
If you want to stick to the default settings, just click on this button
- Repeat it with every section under “Automatic media download.”
Get to know more about how to use Telegram here.