In one of our previous guides, we explored how to limit mobile data usage on Telegram. This time, however, our step-by-step guide will teach you how to manage data usage on Telegram. For example, you will be able to use less data for calls, keep media just temporary, or observe the statistics. In order to do it, proceed to the guide published below!
Telegram offers a large variety of features, including those that allow you to manage data usage in this messenger
- First of all, you need to launch the application on your smartphone.
You should give a click to this button and prompt the left-side menu of Telegram
- After you have launched the app, you need to click on the button that will call a menu (the three-lined button is placed in the left-upper part of the app).
You can manage data usage on Telegram by accessing the page of the settings of your Telegram account
- Immediately after that, you will get to see a huge menu opening up in the left part of the app. Among other menu items, you need to tap on “Settings.”
You are able to manage data usage on Telegram on the following page of settings
- Right after you have accessed the page of the settings of your Telegram account, you need to go to the page of “Data and Storage” settings (placed under “Settings”).
The first section on this page allows you to view how much traffic has been spent during a certain period
- Once you have done that, you will get to see the page of “Data and Storage” settings. There will be the “Disk and network usage” section, and that is the place where you can manage data usage on Telegram.
You can program the media to be deleted after a certain period of time
- Firstly, tap on “Storage usage.”
This way the media will be deleted after some period of time automatically
- On the following page, you will be able to configure how long the media will be kept. Click on “Forever” (by default), and you can change it up to 3 days, 1 week, and 1 month – after that, the media will be deleted automatically.
You can reset statistics anytime simply by clicking on such a text button
- You can also clean the cache by tapping on “Clear Cache.”
Also, you need to scroll down a bit in order to take advantage of a larger number of features
- Get back to the “Data and Storage” settings page. The other three sections are the mobile data usage, Wi-Fi data usage, and roaming data usage – you can observe statistics about the data you have used/spent.
You can save data when having phone calls if you change the settings here
- Scroll down till the very bottom of the page. In the “Calls” section, you can configure to use less data for calls. Click on “Never.”
Select the setting you wish and you will be able to save more mobile data
- Then, you can choose either “only on mobile data” or “always.” Once you have chosen, the setting will be changed accordingly.
More information about Telegram can be found here.