It is far better to apply the settings of Twitter notifications properly from the very beginning than to deal with annoying messages over and over.
While this activity will take no more than 5 or 10 minutes of your time, you will not have to swear each time you get an email, SMS, or desktop notification you would not prefer to hide. So if you want to deal with this issue from the beginning, get to see the step-by-step guide that we have published below.
In order to sign in to Twitter, enter your email, password, and click on this button
- First of all, you need to launch your browser and go to the website of Twitter: https://twitter.com/.
- On the main webpage, there will be two forms: for signing in and for signing up. You need to enter your email address (or username) and password in the fields of the Twitter sign in form. After that, click on the “Log in” button.
You are able to access the settings of Twitter notifications by clicking on this place
- Right after it, you will access your Twitter account. There, you have to click on the button in the shape of an egg. After doing so, you will notice a pop-up menu being opened. Click on “Settings” in that pop-up menu.
There are three sections of Twitter notifications that you have to arrange
- You will appear on the page of Twitter settings of your account. On the left, there will be many sections of Twitter settings. Go to the section of email notifications.
This way looks the page of settings of email Twitter notifications
- On that page, you will get to see lots of settings of email notifications. If you want to turn the feature of email notifications at all, click on the “Turn off” button at the top of the page. If you want to keep receiving some of the notifications onto your email address, you need to arrange the settings. The page is divided into four parts: activity related to you and your Tweets, activity related to your Retweets, activity from your network, and updates from Twitter. Unselect the notifications you prefer not to receive. Once you have arranged the settings on this place, click on the “Save changes” button, placed at the bottom.
The page of Twitter notifications is surprisingly not that full of various settings
- Click on the section of notification in the menu. There, you will be able to turn on several filters: the quality filter and the filter of tweets that will display the tweets from only people who you follow. Place a tick near the feature you wish to enable and click on “Save changes.”
The appearance of the page of web notifications settings is like this
- Go to the section of web notifications. There are several options of getting notifications on your desktop. Choose the ones you wish and click on the “Save changes” button once again.