If you have a need to change Twitter password, in a social network for sharing short messages (up to 140 symbols), then you can be sure that you are able to do it easily and within a few minutes.
If you do it just for the sake of security, however, there are other means of making your Twitter account safer, including linking your account to the phone number or turning 2-step verification. In any case, follow the instructions, published below, in order to change Twitter password.
Change Twitter Password on PC Step by Step:
Before you will get to change Twitter password, you need to log in to your Twitter account
- First Step. First of all, you need to launch the browser, copy the following link into the address line of the browser (https://twitter.com/) and press the “Enter” button. Then, you will see the main page of the social network.
Once you have accessed the Twitter account, click on this icon in order to enter the page of settings of your account
- Second Step. On the main page of Twitter, you will see two forms, one below another. One form is used for signing in to the system, whereas the other form you need for signing up. In order to get your password changed, you naturally need to sign in to Twitter first. So in the sign in form, enter your login (or phone number, or email, any of which is linked to your profile) and password. After it, click on the “Log in” button.
In the pop-up menu that will be opened, you need to select “Settings”
- Third Step. Immediately after doing those actions, you will access your Twitter account. Find the icon of your account, pictured in the form of egg and located in the right-upper part of the Twitter’s page. Once you have spotted it, click on it.
Among other sections in the settings of your Twitter account, find the section “Password”
- Fourth Step. Thereafter, you will see a pop-up menu and you have to select “Settings” in that menu.
This way, you are able to change your Twitter password in this section
- Fifth Step. This way, you have accessed the settings of your Twitter account. On the left, you will see lots of sections of your account’s settings. You need to find the “Password” section and click on it.
This kind of message you will get to see once your Twitter password has been updated
- Sixth Step. On the “Password” page, you will be actually able to set up a new password. You will notice that the current password is already typed in. So, compose a new strong password, enter it in the “New password” and “Verify password” fields, click on “Save changes”, and thus proceed further.
- Seventh Step. Then, you will see a fairly large notification that your Twitter password has been changed. Now, you can use the newly specified password for logging in to Twitter. There, however, will be an offer to view applications, but you, instead of actually viewing them, have to click on “No, thanks.”
Change Your Twitter Password in the Mobile App:
Without any doubt, Twitter is a great social network that is fully functional on smartphones as well. For instance, this article showed how to install the official mobile app of Twitter, which also provides its users with an opportunity to change the passwords right within the app. This part of our article will guide you through this process of password change within the app, and you should surely share with us your thoughts about this process !
If you want to change Twitter password right in the app, you should launch this mobile application in the first place
- The first thing you should do is looking for the icon of Twitter on your smartphone and tapping on it. After it, the Twitter mobile app will immediately be launched on your smartphone.
You have to tap on this text button in order to log in to your account on Twitter
- After opening the Twitter app, you will get to see a huge “Get started” button in the center, which allows you to sign up for Twitter. You, on the other hand, have to click on the “Log in” text button, which can be found at the bottom of that page.
This is the page where you can log in to your Twitter account and proceed to changing your password
- Then, you will get to see the page where you can log in to your Twitter account. There, you should enter your username, email address, or phone number in the first field. Then, type the password of your Twitter account in the second field and tap on the “Log in” button.
If you wish to change your password on Twitter, you should tap on this icon and call a menu
- Immediately after that (if you have entered everything correctly), you will access your account on Twitter. Now, you can start changing the password of your account. For that purpose, you have to click on the “Menu” button, which can be found in the left-upper corner of that main page.
You can change the password of your Twitter account right after accessing your account’s page of settings
- After you have called a slide-in menu, you have to tap the “Settings and privacy” menu item there.
You can start the procedure of your Twitter account change in this section of the settings
- Following it, you will get to see a page of your Twitter account’s settings. At that point, you should tap on the “Account” section of the settings.
If you want to change your Twitter account’s password, you should tap on this section and start making changes
- Once you have accessed the page of your Twitter’s account settings, you will get to see different options of your Twitter account, including the phone number and email address that are linked to it, your country of residence, your username, and others. There, you should tap on the “Password” section.
At this point, you should enter your old (current) password in this field
- After you have done that, you will get to see a short password change form where you can apply a new password for your Twitter account.
After you have made up a reliable password, you should type that password in these two fields
- At first, you should type your current password in the first field of that form.
- Then, you must make up a reliable password for your Twitter account. It is recommended that this password should include digits, capital letters, small letters, and special symbols.
If you want to apply changes to your Twitter password, you should tap on this button and proceed further
- Once you have come up with a solid and strong password, you should type that password in the second field of the password change form.
- Following it, you should repeat the new password in the last field.
- After you have filled out this form, you can click on the “UPDATE PASSWORD” button and apply the changes to your Twitter account’s password.
Now, you will have to use the newly set password every time when you will want to log in to your Twitter account (until you will change this password as well)
- Following it, you will get to see a notification that your password has been updated. From that moment on, you will have to use that password every time you will want to sign in to your Twitter account. In the future, the password of your Twitter account can be changed in a similar way again.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions About Twitter Password Change:
Q: Is it difficult to change the password of my Twitter account
A: As you could have seen in this article, there is definitely nothing difficult in completing this procedure of Twitter password change. This social network has made the process of the password change as simple as possible. We highly recommend you to stick to our guidelines, so you will be able to change your password with ease and within some minutes.
Q: Should I ever change my Twitter account’s password if I don’t feel a necessity to do so
A: Even if you haven’t faced a situation when you need to change the password of your account on Twitter, it is still recommended to change your account’s password from time to time. That will help you to ensure a greater deal of safety of your Twitter account. Keeping one password in place for too long may appear to be risky and hazardous for your Twitter account.
Q: How can I change the password of my Twitter account
A: As our instructions show, the password change process on Twitter is fairly simple: you need to access your Twitter account, go to the page of your account’s settings, specify your old password and apply a new password to your account. Overall, the entire procedure shouldn’t take more than five minutes.
Q: Can I change my Twitter password if I don’t know my current password yet I still have access to my account
A: As it has been pointed out in the previous answer, Twitter requires you to enter your old (current) and new password during the password change procedure. Thus, even if you have preserved access to your Twitter account, you cannot change your password without knowing the current one. In such a case, you will have to recover your password and, then, apply a new password to your Twitter account.
Q: I follow all your instructions, but I still cannot change the password of my Twitter account. What should I do in such an instance
A: First of all, you should make sure that you have followed our guidelines attentively and haven’t missed any important detail. Secondly, check that you are actually entering a correct current password during the password change. If nothing of this has helped and you still face the same issue, there are two ways out of this situation. The first way is contacting the Twitter customer support and describing your issue. Secondly, you can also try to contact us and explain your issue to us – we will try to find a solution for you!
Q: How can I make up a reliable password for my Twitter account
A: If you want to make sure that your Twitter account is as safe as possible, you should do your best in order to make reliable passwords. First of all, you should never use data, numbers and words that are associated with important dates or happenings for you. Secondly, your passwords must be combinations of digits, capital letters, small letters, and special symbols, whereas this will make the hacking of your account far less likely.