Twitter’s general settings are the type of settings that users start to change right after signing up for this network.
And it does not come as a surprise, since this piece of settings is one of the most important ones and allows you to define how the experience of using Twitter will be for you. In those settings, you are able to change such settings like the time zone, the language of the interface, the country of your origin, what Tweets you will get to see in your timeline, etc. So if you want to configure these settings but lack experience or knowledge how to do it, simply stick to the guidelines that have been published below. Be sure that it will not take much time of yours.
This button, placed in the Twitter sign in form, you need to click in order to log in to the system
- At first, start the entire procedure by opening the browser and copying the following URL into its address line: https://twitter.com/. Press the “Enter” button.
After having the pop-up menu opened, click on this option and proceed further to the Twitter’s general settings
- On the main webpage of Twitter, find the sign in form. Enter there your email address and password. After doing so, click on the “Log in” button.
This way looks the page of the Twitter’s general settings
- Once you have done it, you will access your Twitter account. In the right-upper corner, you will see a button of settings, shaped as an egg. Click on it, and you will notice a pop-up menu. In that menu, click on “Settings.”
Once you have adjusted the Twitter’s general settings the way you wish, click on the blue “Save changes” button.
- Now, you have just got to see the page of the Twitter’s general settings. Here, you can actually adjust the way your account functions. So, let’s see what is possible to get done here:
Username. It is interesting, but you are able to change your username on Twitter anytime.
Email. Do you wish to link your account to another email address? No problem, just use this field.
Language. You can change the interface language, if you wish to choose the other language than English.
Time zone. Here, just specify your actual time zone.
Country. Specify the country where are you actually based.
Tweet media. If you prefer to get notifications before viewing sensitive media, place a tick near those fields.
Video Tweets. Place a tick, if you want the autoplay feature to be turned on.
Timeline. By leaving a tick near this line, you will opt to get the best Tweets first, i.e. those Tweets that the system considers to be the most relevant for you.
Your Twitter archive. Also, you are able to get the Twitter archive with the information about your account. Just click on this button and you will get the archive.
- After configuring all these settings, click on the blue “Save changes” button, located at the bottom of the page.