It is incredibly important to have an attractive Twitter profile, if you want to have a large number of friends and followers.
But what can you do if you have just joined Twitter? Well, there is nothing difficult and you can arrange your profile in a matter of several minutes – it depends on how much information you want to provide and for how long you will look for suitable pictures. If you fear that you do not know where to change them, skip your worries and follow the instructions, given in the simple, step-by-step guide, placed a bit below.
Get signed in to your Twitter account and start editing your profile
- In the first place, you should launch the browser and copy the following URL into the address field of it: https://twitter.com/. After doing so, press the “Enter” button.
In order to edit your Twitter profile, you need to click somewhere on this place for accessing the profile
- You will get to see several forms on the main webpage of Twitter: the sign in form (placed above) and the sign up form (located below). You need to use the sign in form by entering your email address and password. Then, click on the “Log in” button. If you have faced any problems with logging in to Twitter, please visit this page.
Click on the “Edit profile” and start the process of changing the information about yourself and editing the profile in general
- Once you have accessed your account, pay attention to the place of your profile photo and the header photo. Click on the header photo in order to proceed further.
Once you are done with changing your Twitter profile, finish the procedure by clicking on the “Save changes” button
- After doing so, you will enter your Twitter profile. You can start editing it by clicking on the “Edit profile” button (have a look at the image). There are the following fields you are able to edit:
The name displayed. Placed right below the profile photo. You can change it anytime.
Bio. Add some biography about yourself. For instance, it may be going about your occupation or hobbies.
Location. Specify in what country and/or city you live.
Website. You can popularize your website by placing the link here.
Theme colour. There are several theme colors, and you can make your choice and change how your profile looks like.
Birthday. You are able to specify the date of your birthday.
Add a profile photo. Click on this button, find the photo you wish to place as a profile photo on your PC/laptop, give a double click, and place it properly.
Add a header photo. This allows you to add a photo that will be “hanging over” your profile. Do the same algorithm as with a profile photo, though this photo should be quite larger.
- Once you are done with editing settings, click on the “Save changes” button. Now, you have a quite different profile on Twitter.