If you have changed your email address or lost access to it while your Twitter account keeps being linked to it, there is no reason to get upset. Of course, the issue of account’s safety on Twitter is an important one. Yet, it tends to be fairly simple to link Twitter account to another email address, and you can do it within a couple of minutes by following our instructions.
On this page, you are able to sign in to your Twitter account by providing your username, password, and clicking on “Log in”
- In order to link your Twitter account to another email, you should open your browser and access the Twitter’s website: https://twitter.com/.
In this pop-up menu, you should select the “Settings and privacy” menu item
- On that website, you will get to see two forms: the Twitter sign in form (above) and the Twitter sign up form (below). You need to use the upper form for logging in to your Twitter account.
On the page of your account settings, you are able to link Twitter account of yours to another email by simply starting to type it in this field
- In the first field of that form, you should type either your username, or your email address (the old one), or your phone number. Then, type your password in the next field and click on “Log in.”
Once you have typed your new email address in this field, you will get to see whether it’s available or not
- After doing so, you will gain access to your account. In order to access the page of settings, you need to click on your profile photo (placed at the top) and prompt a pop-up menu, where you should select “Settings and privacy.”
At the bottom of the page, you have to click on the “Save changes” button
- Once you have done that, you will get to see the page with your Twitter account’s settings. The second line on that page must be “email,” and there should be displayed your current (old) email address. Just start typing your new email address in this field instead of the old one.
Type your password in this field and click on “Save changes”
- After you have typed your new email address in that field, you will see a green notification “Available!” Now, you have to scroll down till the bottom of the page and click on “Save changes.”
After all these actions, you will get to see that you still have to link Twitter account to the new email address by confirming it
- Before you will be able to save the changes, Twitter will ask you to reenter your password. Do it and click on “Save changes.”
In your inbox, find a letter that has been sent by Twitter and open it
- Now, you will see a notification that your new email address has to be confirmed. Go to your email inbox.
Click on the “Confirm now” button in the letter
- In the inbox, find a letter from Twitter. Open it and click on the “Confirm now” button.
After all, you will get to see that your new email address has been confirmed
- Now, you will get to see a notification that your new email address has been confirmed.