Once you have signed up for VK, you should keep an eye on the security of your account. Besides, it is recommended to change your VK password from time to time, which will make it more difficult to hack your account. Our step-by-step guide shows how to change your VK password and demonstrates that there is nothing difficult or time-consuming in doing so.
Change VK Password on PC/Laptop:
- First of all, you have to open your browser and access the following website: https://vk.com/.
You can easily change your VK password, but the first thing you must do is to sign in to your account
- Right after doing so, you will get to see the main webpage of VK. In the right side of that page, there will be two VK forms: the VK sign in form (upper) and the VK sign up form (lower). You need to use the upper one in order to log in to your VK account.
Check the box in order to prove that you are not a robot
- For the purpose of logging in to your account, you need to enter your email address or mobile phone number in the first field of the sign in form. Then, enter your password in the second field and click on the “Log in” button.
In order to change your VK password, you need to click on this profile photo and prompt a pop-up menu
- After doing so, you will get to see a pop-up window, requiring you to prove that you are not a robot. Just check the box.
After triggering this pop-up menu, you should select the “Settings” menu item
- After you have accessed your account, you should click on the small photo of your profile, placed in the upper part of the page. That will prompt a pop-up menu, in which you should select the “Settings” menu item.
On the page of your account’s general settings, you can click on the “Change” text button near the “Password” field
- The page of your account’s general settings is the place where you can change your VK password. There, you will see the “Password” field. Click on the “Change” text button nearby.
Here, you need to provide your current password in the first field, as well as to type a new password in the remaining two fields
- After that, you will get to see the pop-up window where you will be able to set up a new password.
You will be asked to enter the Captcha code before being able to move further
- In order to set up a new password, enter your current password in the first field. Then, type a new password in the second field and repeat it with the third field. After doing so, click on the “Change password” button.
This notification shows that you have just changed your password
- Once you have done that, you are likely to see the Captcha. You need to enter the symbols from the Captcha in the given field and click on “Send.”
- Once you have done that, you will get to see a notification, showing that your password has been changed.
Change Your VK Password in the Mobile App:
Indeed, a serious advantage of vk.com is that this social network provides its users and fans with quite a solid and functional app. This means that you can change the password of your account not only in a web browser. Actually, changing the password in the official mobile application of vk.com is somewhat more convenient and simple. At this point of our guide, we will provide you with exact instructions on how to change the password of your account within the app, and you should definitely ask us in the comments if something is unclear .
Before you will start changing your password on VK, you should actually access the official mobile app on your smartphone
- In the first place, you should look for the icon of the official vk.com mobile app on your smartphone and tap on it. That will launch the mobile application.
Now, you need to enter your phone number or email address in order to access your account
- Then, you will get to see the main page of the app, displaying the VK sign in At first, you need to access your account on VK before you will actually be able to change your password.
At this point, you should type the current password of your VK account in this field
- Thus, you should type your email or phone number (depending on to which of these ones your VK account is linked to) in the first field of the form.
Now, you should click on this button and log in to your account on vk.com
- Then, you have to enter your password in the second field. Once you have filled the fields, you can tap on the “Log in” button.
At this point, you can start changing the current password of your VK account right in this app
- Immediately after that, you will get to see the feed of your account on VK (if you, of course, have entered all the details correctly). At that point, you will notice 5 buttons, placed at the bottom of the page. You should tap on the “Menu” button, which is placed in the right-bottom corner (it looks like 3 flat lines one over another).
If you wish to change the current password of your account on VK, you have to access the page of settings
- Then, you will get to see a huge menu of options of your VK account. Yet, you need to click on the “Settings” button, which is displayed in the right-upper corner in a form of a cogwheel.
Your account’s password can be changed in the “Account” section of your VK account’s settings
- Now, you have just accessed the page of your VK account’s settings – this is the place where you can change your password in the mobile app. There, you need to choose the “Account” menu item.
- Once you have done that, you should click on the “Change password” on the next page.
In case if you want to change your password on VK, you have simply to tap on this field
- Following it, you will get to see the form where you can change your current password. At first, you need to enter the present password of your account in the first field.
- Then, you should make up a reliable password for your VK account – it is recommended that it should consist of digits, capital letters, and small letters.
You are required to enter your current password in this field in order to proceed further
- Once you have come up with a good password for your account on VK, you can type in the second field of that form. Following it, you should re-type this new password in the third field of the form.
After you will enter a new password in these fields and click on the “OK” button, a new password will be applied to your VK account
- Eventually, you should click on the “OK” text button. If everything has been entered correctly, a new password will be applied to your VK account immediately. Right after that, you will access your VK account using a new password each time.
✅ Frequently Asked Questions About Password Change on VK:
Q: Should I ever consider changing the password of my VK account if everything runs smoothly
A: Perhaps, many security experts would recommend you to change the passwords of your accounts (including those ones in the social networks) at least once per two months. That will help you to ensure a greater safety of your account and private information. Besides, it will also minimize the risk of your account being hacked by someone from your environment.
Q: Can I create a simple password for my account on VK
A: Of course, you are allowed to make up almost any type of a password you want for your VK account. Yet, we recommend you to follow the best practices of creating passwords and not to apply too simple passwords to any of your accounts. It is also not recommended to use any personal figures when creating passwords. We can suggest you to combine digits, capital letters, small letters, and special symbols in your passwords.
Q: I can currently log in to my VK account, because the session has been remembered by my browser/mobile app. Can I change the password of my account without knowing the current password
A: Unfortunately, you cannot change the current password of your VK account if you don’t know it – even if you are currently able to access your VK account. Thus, if you want to change the password of your account in such a case, you will have to recover your VK password in the first place.
Q: What if I follow all the instructions of your guide, but still cannot change the password of my VK account
A: There are several ways out of this situation. First of all, you can write to the VK customer support and explain them your problem (for that, you should click on your profile icon and select “Support”). Otherwise, you can access this page on our website and describe your issue to us – we will do our best to find a solution for you! But before doing any of these actions, make sure that you don’t miss any important step.
Q: In which instances I should definitely change the password of my VK account
A: If anyone has gained access to your account, knows or supposes your password, you should definitely change the password of your VK account. Also, track login sessions of your account from time to time. If you notice any suspicious activity, you should log out from all devices and change the password of your VK account.
Q: Am I able to change the password of my VK account on a smartphone, but not in the app
A: Of course, you can also change a password of your account in a usual mobile browser. For that, you should follow the instructions of the first part of our article – but instead of a web browser, you should do all those steps in a mobile browser. As you will notice, there is almost no difference between these actions.
Q: What if I got a notification that someone is trying to access my VK account
A: The first thing you should do is to access your account on VK and change its password – use the guidelines from this article for that purpose. Make sure that a new password is a strong and reliable one. Then, we recommend you to link your account not only to a mobile phone number, but also to a valid email address of yours.
Q: My account was frozen. What should I do
A: This might be connected either with the previous problem (that someone else tried to access your account) or you have been spotted in some suspicious activity. You should immediately contact the customer support of VK.