Making your account on VK secure enough is an important matter, unless you want your account to be prone to hack attacks. This step-by-step guide will explore how to configure VK security settings, and especially it is going about enabling the 2-step verification. So if you want to ensure the safety of your VK account, move further and follow the instructions, published below.
- Begin the entire procedure by launching the browser of yours and accessing the following webpage: https://vk.com/.
In order to configure VK security settings of yours, you need to access your account in this social network first
- On the main VK webpage, you will notice two forms on the right side: the VK sign in form and the VK sign up form. You need to make use of the upper form in order to sign in to your account.
Check the box for the sake of proving that you are a human
- In the first field, you must enter your email address or phone number. Then, your password has to be typed in the second field. Eventually, click on the “Log in” button.
Click on your profile photo placed at the top and trigger a pop-up menu
- After doing so, you will notice a pop-up window requiring you to prove that you are a human. You need just to check the box.
In this pop-up menu, you should give a click to “Settings”
- Once you have accessed your account, you should look for a small profile photo of yours, placed at the top. Click on it.
After accessing the page of the general settings of your VK account, you should go to the “Security section” and configure VK security settings
- By doing that action, you will trigger a pop-up menu. Among other menu items, you have to select “Settings.”
You can enable 2-step verification by clicking on this “Enable” button
- Once you have got to see the page of your account’s settings, you will also notice the menu of the settings, placed on the left side. There, you need to click on “Security.”
In order to turn on 2-step verification on VK, you need to click on this button
- On the page of the “Security” settings, there will be only two options: the two-step verification (at the top) and the browsing history (you can observe who has accessed your account). Click on the “Enable” button.
Provide your password of the VK account once again
- After doing so, click on the “Enable verification” on the next page.
You need to click on the “Get code” button
- Then, you will be asked to enter your password once again. Type your password in the given field and click on “Confirm.”
- You will see your mobile phone number partly displayed on the next page. Click on the “Get code” button.
Eventually, you will end up receiving the verification code and entering it in this field
- After receiving a verification code onto your mobile phone, enter it in the provided field and click on “Confirm.”
- Now, you have just enabled the 2-step verification for your VK account.