Considering that more than a billion of users tend to use the messenger of WhatsApp, it is very likely that many users utilize it not only for usual communication with friends, but also for communicating with colleagues, business partners, employees. This means that there may always be stored important information in the chats, which it would not that well to lose. Thus, you may consider taking advantage of the WhatsApp messages backup feature, and our guide will show you how to back up WhatsApp chats.
Actually, WhatsApp typically backs up all the messages automatically, yet stores them locally. You can, however, store them on the Google Drive service. Thus, this article contains instructions of how to carry out a manual backup of WhatsApp messages with their transfer to your Google Drive.
There is nothing that requires a lot of time in learning how to back up WhatsApp chats, yet you have to launch this application first of all
- The first thing you should do is to find the WhatsApp icon on your smartphone and click on it.
The next step of yours must be to tap here in order to call the menu of app’s settings
- After you have successfully launched this messenger, you need to tap on the menu button, which is located in the right-upper corner.
After you click on this menu option, you will get to see the page of the settings of your WhatsApp account
- This way, you will prompt a popup menu, in which you should click on the “Settings” menu option.
You can get to know how to back up WhatsApp chats by accessing this section of the settings
- On the page of your WhatsApp’s account settings, you should tap on the “Chats” option.
Click on this menu item in order to back up WhatsApp chats of yours
- Once you have got to see the page of the chat settings, you need to tap, among other options, on the “Chat backup” option.
If you give a click to this button, all the chats will be backed up and sent to your Google Drive
- So, now you have accessed the page where you can carry out a manual backup of all your WhatsApp messages and upload them to the Google Drive account of yours.
- At the bottom, you will see the “Google Drive settings” section. Make sure that your email is specified correctly there.
You will get to see such a message, showing that the backup procedure is in progress
- Under “Last Backup,” you should tap on the “BACK UP” button and start backing up your messages.
- It will take some time, though. Once the backup will be completed, you will notice that the archive with your chats will get uploaded to the Google Drive (it will take some time too).
After all, you will have to wait a bit until all the conversations will be uploaded
- Once that has been completed, you can be sure that all your chats are stored safely on your Google Drive account.
You can also read about how to get started on WhatsApp here.