If you want your WhatApp account to be secure enough, you may consider to enable WhatsApp 2-step verification. That means that you will create a PIN code that will be asked not only when you sign in to your account from another device, but when you even use the account on your phone and stay logged in. If you wish to secure your account, follow the guidelines published below.
You can launch this app and enable WhatsApp 2-step verification to secure your account better
- Start the entire procedure by looking for WhatsApp icon on your smartphone and tapping on it. That will launch the application itself.
The next step of yours must be launching the menu of the application
- Once the app has been launched, you will have to click on the button that is placed in the right-upper corner.
At this point, you need to access the page of the settings of your WhatsApp account
- In the pop-up menu, you should select “Settings.”
You can enable WhatsApp 2-step verification in the “Account” section of the settings
- On the page of your account’s settings, you need to go to the “Account” section.
Give a click here in order to start setting up a 2-step verification on WhatsApp
- On that page, you should tap on the “Two-step verification” option.
This button will launch the procedure of setting up a 2-step verification on WhatsApp
- On the following page, you will be able to turn on the 2-step verification. In order to do that, you should click on the “Enable” button.
You need to type the PIN code you will use for your account here
- Right after that, you will be asked to enter a 6-digit PIN – that PIN code will be asked anytime you will be using WhatsApp.
You will be asked to repeat the PIN code you entered before once more in this field
- On the following page, confirm the PIN code once again. Then, tap on the “Next” button.
Here you need to specify your email address – it may be used for recovering the PIN code of your account
- Right after it, you will be asked to type your email address – it will be used for recovering your PIN code. So, type your email address in the given field and tap on “Next.”
You will have to enter your email twice as well, after which you will need to click on this button
- Then, confirm your email address by typing it once more and tap on the “Save” button.
Click on this button in order to finalize the procedure of setting up a 2-step verification
- After all, you will get to see a notification that the 2-step verification has been enabled on your account. You need to tap on the “Done” button and that’s it.
Here you will be able to disable and (again) enable WhatsApp 2-step verification whenever you will need to
By the way, you can find more guides for WhatsApp in our section of this messenger.