Typically, WhatsApp doesn’t consume a lot of data (though, it tends to consume much more data than Telegram), yet, if you are abroad, your data may be extremely limited. Fortunately, WhatsApp has provided all of its users with a feature that allows them to save data extremely well while using WhatsApp for phone calls. Even though it may somewhat decrease the quality of the calls, it will also decrease the chances of the overwhelming bill when you come home. Our step-by-step guide will show how to minimize data usage on WhatsApp with images and in detail. This procedure can be done within some 30 seconds, and you should just stick to the guidelines in order to do that.
If you wish to minimize data usage on WhatsApp, you need to do it in advance (before going abroad) as you need to launch the app first
- If you want to minimize data usage on WhatsApp, you need to begin this procedure by finding the WhatsApp icon on your smartphone. After you have done it, tap on that icon in order to run the application.
In order to proceed further and minimize data usage, you should give a click here
- Once you have successfully launched the application, you will get to see the page with your chats and conversations on WhatsApp. In order to minimize data usage during the phone calls, however, you need to tap on the three-dotted button, placed in the right-upper corner.
The data usage can be minimized only after accessing the page of settings on WhatsApp
- After you have completed that action, a menu of the application’s settings will be called. In that menu, you should tap on the “Settings” menu item in order to proceed further.
Obviously, you are able to minimize data usage on WhatsApp in this section of your account’s settings
- Then, you will get to see the page of the settings of your WhatsApp account.The next step of yours must be tapping on the “Data and storage usage” section of the settings.
You can minimize data usage on Whatsapp at the bottom of this page by checking the box next to “Low data usage”
- Now, you have just accessed the page where you can minimize the data usage during the phone calls on WhatsApp. In order to get that done, you need to tap on the box next to “Low data usage.”
This way, you have just decreased data usage on WhatsApp
- Once you have done and the box has been checked, the data usage during the phone calls on this service will be significantly decreased. Make sure that this box is checked when you are roaming.
Apart from this guide, our WhatsApp section contains a large number of guides, which will help you to customize any settings, get started on WhatsApp, or even delete your account.