WhatsApp, which is owned by a tech giant Facebook, tends to be among the most popular messengers in the world, whereas its audience exceeds 1 billion people. But not all the users who use this app know that they need to update WhatsApp from time to time, as it will ensure that this app has fewer bugs and a better functionality. There is nothing difficult in the procedure of updating this app. Besides, our guide will provide you with exact instructions on how to do it, so you will barely face any problems with it.
You are able to update WhatsApp with ease, yet you have to access Apple Store or Google Play in the first place
- The first thing you should do is to launch either the Apple Store app or the Google Play app on your smartphone.
You have to access the page of the apps and games that you have previously installed – you will be able to update WhatsApp account right there
- After you have done that, you should click on the menu button of your account, which is located on the right side of the screen.
As you can understand, this page is now checking whether there are any updates for your app
- Once you have called the menu of your account, you have to click on the “My apps & games” option there.
If there is an update for your WhatsApp client, you should click on this button in order to proceed further
- Following it, you will get to see a notification that the page is checking whether there are any updates for the apps and games you have previously installed.
The process of updating WhatsApp has just been started
- In a moment, the page will display a list of apps that you can update right now. There, you need to find the WhatsApp messenger and click on the “Update” button, placed next to it.
After the update for WhatsApp has been downloaded, it will be installed and, following it, you will be able to access the app
- In a few seconds, you will notice that the download started. It may take for a while to download the update – especially if it happened to you to use the mobile data.
- Following it, the update will be installed on your smartphone. Now, you can click on the “WhatsApp” name in order to access the page of this app either in the Google Play app or in the Apple Store app.
You have succeeded to update WhatsApp, which means that you can access the newly updated app right now
- On that page, you will notice that the “Update” button has been replaced by the “Open” button. Now, you can click on that button – you will notice that the app has just been updated. You can carry out such app updates from time to time.
You can find more guides for WhatsApp messenger right on this page.