WhatsApp has a lot of interesting features, but the feature of WhatsApp status is not something unique. WhatsApp status allows you to post a photo which may be seen by your friends within 24 hours – once that period of time after the posting passes, the photo disappears. Actually, this feature somewhat reminds the stories feature of Snapchat and Instagram. This step-by-step guide will help you understand how to use WhatsApp status, as there is definitely nothing so difficult to do.
Prior to starting to use WhatsApp status, you should run the application first of all
- In the first place, you should run the application of WhatsApp on your device. In order to do that, you should find the icon of this app on your smartphone and, once you have found it, tap on it.
You can access your status page and observe the statuses of your friends by clicking here
- Right after doing so, you will access this application and will get to see the page with the chats. At the top of it, there will be a bar of sections: “Shoot a photo” (the camera icon), Chats, Status, and Calls. You need to tap on the “Status” section.
In order to use WhatsApp status and add it to your account, tap on this button
- Once you have done that action, you will be able to see your current status. Right below it, there will be the statuses posted by your friends within the last 24 hours, and you can observe them there every time.
You can utilize various settings and captions for your WhatsApp status
- On that page of statuses, you can click on the plus button next to “My Status” in order to create one.
Once you are done with editing the photo, you can proceed further by giving a click to this button
- Then, you will get to see a camera page. Shoot a photo you want to add as your status.
As you can see, your status has just been updated – it will be deleted after 24 hours
- Right after that, edit the photo with the tools that are available on WhatsApp – they are placed at the top bar on the camera page. In particular, you can add stickers, text, crop the photo, and change colors and shades.
- Once you have done that, you should tap on the “Send” button.
Here you can see how many users have seen your status
- You will notice that the status has just been posted. You will also see the time of when it was posted.
- You can tap on the three-dotted button in order to configure the status.
You can also opt to share or delete your status with the help of the bar at the bottom of the page
- On the next page, you will get to see the stats of how many users have seen the status. Also, you can share it to the chats there or delete the status right away.
Besides, the stories from Instagram can be posted to WhatsApp within one click (read about this news here).