If you are worried about the security of your Yahoo account, the simplest thing you are able to do is to change Yahoo password. Indeed, this procedure takes a couple of minutes of your time at maximum and you are able to make sure that your Yahoo account will not be easily hacked.
However, turning on the feature of 2-step verification or providing an alternate email address will improve the security of your account a way better, and you can find out how to do that in other posts of this category. For now, follow the instructions below in order to get your password changed.
💻 How To Change Yahoo Password on PC Step-by-Step:
You have to sign in to Yahoo in the first place
- First Step. First of all, you need to enter the website of Yahoo (https://www.yahoo.com/) by launching the browser and copying that URL into the address line. Press the “Enter” button.
Type your login in
- Second Step. In the right-upper part of the page, find the “Sign in” button. Click on it.
Provide your password and click on “Sign in”
- Third Step. Provide your email address and click on “Next.” Provide the password and click on the “Sign in” button.
Once you have got to see the main page, click on the image of your profile
- Fourth Step. Immediately after that, you will get to see the main page of Yahoo again. At this point, however, you will be logged in. So, click on your profile image and you will see a pop-up menu opening. In that menu, you have to select “Account info.”
Select “Account info” in the pop-up menu of your profile
- Fifth Step. Now, you have just accessed the page of your personal information at Yahoo. Among four categories of information that you will get to see on the left, you need to click on “Account security.”
After getting to see your personal information, select the “Security” section in order to change your Yahoo password
- Sixth Step. In the “Account security” section, find the “Change password” text button and give it a click. On the next page, you will be offered to always log in with the help of your phone. Instead, opt “No, I want to change my password.”
Here, you need to click on “Change password”
- Seventh Step. Following it, you will see a new Yahoo window where you can set up a new password. Just make up a reliable password, enter it in the first field, retype in the second field, and click on the blue “Continue” button.
The system will offer you to sign in with the help of your phone each time, but you need to click on “No, I want to change my password”
- Eighth Step. You will see a notification that your password has been changed on the next page. Yet, Yahoo will offer you to add another phone number and a recovery email for the sake of security. If you want to skip it, click on either “Looks good” or “I’ll secure my account later.” That’s all. From this point, you can use your newly set password.
Setting up your new Yahoo password
This kind of window you get to see, once the password has been changed
📱 How to Set Up a Password Lock Instead of a Password on Smartphone:
As you could see from other Yahoo guides on this website, there are quite solid opportunities that Yahoo offers to its mobile users. The mobile app of Yahoo tends to be incredibly convenient and even abundant with different features. However, there are some important features that cannot be completed on the app: the change of your Yahoo password.
In this guide, however, we will explore how to access your Yahoo account’s access settings and change them. There, you can set up a passlock for your Yahoo account, which will prohibit any other person to use your email address. But while you can set up such a passlock for your account, you are, unfortunately, not able to change the password of your account on the app. Still, you can use a passlock instead of your password and it will work pretty well. Let us know in the comments about your thoughts on this matter ?.
You can access the Yahoo mobile application, but, unfortunately, it will not provide you with an opportunity to change your password on Yahoo
- In the first place, you should tap on the icon of the Yahoo mobile app on your smartphone. That will actually run this application.
You should tap on this text button in order to start the procedure of signing in to your Yahoo account
- Right after that, you will get to see the main page of Yahoo. At that point, you should tap on the “Do you have a Yahoo account? Sign in” text button, placed below the other buttons of email services.
Once you have typed your email address in the provided field, tap this button and start accessing your account
- On the next page, you have to type your email address and tap on the “Next” button.
You have to enter your password in this field and tap this button
- Right after that, you should enter your password in the provided field and tap on the blue “Sign in” button.
You can start accessing the settings of your Yahoo account by tapping on this menu button
- Immediately after that, you will sign in to your Yahoo account and will get to see your inbox.
You can manage all your Yahoo accounts that you have logged in to by accessing this page of the settings of your app
- Following it, you should tap on the menu icon, which is located in the left-upper part of the screen.
- Immediately after that, you can tap on the “Manage accounts” menu item – this menu item is located at the top of this menu.
- Eventually, you will get to see the page with all your Yahoo accounts that you have logged in to. At that point, you should tap on the “Account info” button under the account, for which you want to set up a passlock.
As you can see, you can view and change some of the account’s information by tapping here
- Following it, you should tap on the “Enable Account Key” text button and start setting up a passlock for your account.
- Right after that, you should set up a 4-digit account key (passlock) for your account.
- Once you have specified your passlock, you can tap on the “Apply” button and set this account key up for your Yahoo account. From that moment on, you will have to use it for logging in to your Yahoo account instead of a password.
📱 How to Access Yahoo Security Settings on a Smartphone:
Considering that you can’t change your Yahoo password on a smartphone, you may consider adding some changes to the security settings of your Yahoo account. This part of our guide will demonstrate you how to change your Yahoo security settings right within the app. That will allow you to change your current phone number or implement other types of changes. After all, you have to follow the steps that you can find below.
- Begin the entire procedure by tapping on the Yahoo app icon on your mobile device.
- Right after that, you will get to see the main page of this app. At that point, you should tap on the “Do you have…” text button, placed below everything else.
- The next page will offer you to provide your email address. Do it and tap on the “Next” button.
- Once you have done that, you will be asked to enter your password on the next page. Then, tap on the “Sign in” button.
- You have just accessed the inbox of your Yahoo email address. At that point, you should tap on the menu button, and you can find in the left-upper corner.
You can edit some of the security settings in this section of the your account’s settings, but, unfortunately, you will not able to change your Yahoo password
- In the dropdown menu that you have just prompted, you should tap on “Manage accounts.”
- Now, you have to select an account the settings of which you want to edit by tapping on the “Account info” button.
- Immediately after that, you should tap on the “Security settings” option there.
- Now, you can start either changing your phone number or configuring your email address – just select the wanted section simply by tapping on it. After you have done it, change the configurations you want and apply them to your account!
❓ Frequently Asked Questions About Changing Yahoo Password:
Q: How do I change my Yahoo password?
A: You can change your Yahoo password simply by launching your web browser and accessing your Yahoo account. Then, go to the page of your account’s settings and set up a new password. Keep in mind that you need to remember your old password in order to be able to change that password.
Q: How to change Yahoo password on iPhone?
A: Unfortunately, Yahoo does have an option of changing password on a mobile phone. However, you can set up an account key instead of a password, and you will use on your smartphone all the time. Our guide demonstrates you how to set up a passlock for your Yahoo account.
Q: How to change Yahoo password on Android?
A: Same as in the case with iPhones, you cannot change your Yahoo password on a mobile device. But, instead of doing it, you can set up an account key, which will be used instead of a password on your mobile device (read how to do above in this article).
Q: How to change Yahoo password on computer?
A: The first part of our article contains clear and exact instructions on how to change Yahoo password on a PC. The entire procedure is fairly simple and quick, which guarantees that it will take barely 5 minutes of your time.
Q: Can I change my Yahoo password without knowing an old password?
A: Yes, Yahoo allows to change passwords without entering an old one, but you need to be signed in to your Yahoo account for that purpose. If you are not logged in to your account currently, you should follow this guide and recover your password on Yahoo.
Q: I follow your instructions but I can’t change my password on Yahoo. What should I do?
A: In the first place, you should make sure that you follow all the instructions attentively. Secondly, check whether you have provided everything that Yahoo has asked you to do. If nothing works even after that, you should contact the Yahoo customer support or describe your problem to us.