Skip your worries if you forgot the password from your Yahoo account or somewhy cannot access the account. It is important that your account still linked to your phone number, so you can easily recover Yahoo password and get access to the account.
The whole procedure of Yahoo password recovery is fairly simple and does not require much of an effort. Just follow the step-by-step guide, published below, and you will regain access over your Yahoo account in a matter of minutes. Good luck!
How to Recover Yahoo Password Step-by-Step:
In order to recover Yahoo password, first attempt to sign in to Yahoo
- First Step. In the first place, you have to launch your browser and enter the website of Yahoo (https://www.yahoo.com/).
After providing your email address, click on the “Next” button
- Second Step. Immediately after it, look for the button for signing in to Yahoo, located in the right-upper corner. Once you have found it, give it a click.
If you want to recover Yahoo password, click on “Forgot password”
- Third Step. Then, you have to enter login of your Yahoo account in order to start the sign in procedure. Click on “Next.”
Once again, you need to specify your email address
- Fourth Step. After doing so, you will see that the system will require you to enter the password. That is the point when you have to recover Yahoo password. In order to start the recovery procedure, click on “Forgot password”
You have to recover Yahoo password with the help of your phone; click on the respective button
- Fifth Step. Following it, you have to provide your login again and click on “Continue.” In the next window, you will see an offer to recover Yahoo password with the help of your mobile number. In order to do so, click on the blue button, where it is written the following: “Yes, text me an Account Key.”
After getting a text code onto your mobile phone, type it in this field
- Sixth Step. Right after it, you will receive a text message onto your mobile phone. Typically, this message consists of 8 capital letters. You need to enter them in the given field and click on the “Verify” button (look at the screenshot).
You can proceed further without changing the password, yet how would you get logged in another time
- Seventh Step. After clicking on that button, you will get access to your Yahoo account. Since you do not know (or remember) the password, however, you should opt “Create a new password” instead of “Continue”.
Here you can specify a new password for your Yahoo account
- Eighth Step. On the next page, you will be able to set up a new password. Just compose a reliable password, type it in both fields, and click on “Continue.” After it, click on such buttons like “Looks good” and “Ok, got it.” Now, you can access your Yahoo account and use your new password each time you are attempting to access it.
Click on any of these buttons in order to proceed further
Once you get to see this window, it means that you have completed the procedure of Yahoo password recovery
Recover Your Yahoo Password on a Smartphone:
The procedure of the Yahoo password recovery allows you to get the control over your email address back. Even if you are away from a PC or laptop, you still can recover your password on Yahoo on a mobile device. In this part of our article, we will uncover how to change a Yahoo password on a smartphone in detail – regardless whether it is an iPhone or an Android device. Don’t forget to post your thoughts about this matter in the comments !
If you want to start the recovery of your Yahoo password on app, you should tap this icon and launch the Yahoo mobile application
- In the first place, you should begin by finding the Yahoo Mail app icon on your mobile device and tapping on it.
At this point, you need to tap on this text button and start an attempt of accessing your account
- Following it, there will be displayed the main page of the Yahoo app on your smartphone. At that point, you should tap on the text button, which is located right below different icons of email service providers.
You should enter your email address on this page in order to start entering your account
- On the next page, you should start signing in to your Yahoo account. For that, you should type your email address in the provided field and tap on “Next.”
Now, you have to tap on this text button if you wish to start the Yahoo password recovery process
- Right after that, the app will display a page that will require you to enter your Yahoo password. At that point, you have to tap on the “I forgot my password” text button, which is placed right below the blue “Sign in” button.
At this point, you need to type the missing digits of your mobile phone number and tap on this button
- Immediately after doing so, you will be offered to recover your Yahoo password with the help of a mobile phone number. At that point, you should enter several digits of your phone number and tap on the “Submit” button.
By tapping on this button, you will send an SMS message that will help you to recover your PayPal password on your smartphone
- If you have entered the correct digits, you will get to see your phone number on the next page. At that point, you should tap on the “Yes, text me an Account Key” button and proceed further.
This way looks an SMS message from PayPal that contains a recovery code
- Following it, you will get an SMS message with a recovery code, which will contain 8 digits. At that point, you have to copy that code.
After you have typed the recovery code in the given field, you should tap on this button and get a new password for your Yahoo account
- Then, paste that code in the window of the Yahoo recovery page. Right after that, you should tap on the “Verify” button in order to proceed further.
If you prefer not to use the Yahoo account key, you should tap here and access your account on Yahoo
- Eventually, you will get to see a notification that you have just been signed in to your Yahoo account. In that moment, you should tap on the “I’ll do it later” text button, placed at the bottom of the page (in order to skip setting up a Yahoo account key).
This way looks an inbox of the account that has just been recovered
- Once you have accessed your inbox, you can change the security settings of your Yahoo account. For that purpose, you should tap on the menu icon, which can be found in the left-upper corner of the screen.
You can change the security settings of your Yahoo account after calling this menu
- Then, you should tap on the “Manage Accounts” menu item, among other options.
If you want to change any settings of your account, you can do it by accessing this page
- On the following page, you will have to tap on the “Account Info” text button (it must be placed under the account, the settings of which you wish to edit).
- The next page will show you a list of options for your Yahoo account, and you have to tap on the “Security settings” option there.
- Now, you can make your account safer by configuring the security settings of your Yahoo account.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions About Yahoo Password Recovery:
Q: How can I recover my password on Yahoo
A: If you need to recover your Yahoo password, you should follow our guidelines step by step and get your password recovered. The first part of our article contains instructions on how to do it on a PC or laptop, while the second part shows you how to access the lost Yahoo account on a smartphone. But in short, you need to use your mobile phone number and get a recovery code for resetting your Yahoo password.
Q: What should I have in order to recover Yahoo password
A: As it has been pointed out above, you need to start signing in to your Yahoo account. At the moment when you have to enter the password of your Yahoo account, you should tap on the “recover password” button. In the end, you should use your mobile phone number in order to recover it.
Q: How to recover Yahoo password without phone number and alternate email
A: If you have an alternate email address that has been linked to your Yahoo account, you are naturally able to use it for recovering your Yahoo password.
Q: How to recover Yahoo password without any information
A: You are not able to recover your Yahoo password without providing any information.
Q: How to recover Yahoo password without security questions
A: You will not be asked the security questions from Yahoo if you recover your password by using an alternate email address or phone number. In such a case, you will face no problems in getting your Yahoo account recovered.
Q: Can I recover my Yahoo password on iPhone or Android device
A: Yes, of course you can recover your Yahoo password on a mobile device – regardless of its operating system. Please, follow the guidelines of the second part of our article, and you will be able to recover your Yahoo password step by step.
Q: How can I recover my Yahoo password on a smartphone
A: In order to recover your Yahoo password on a smartphone, you should install the Yahoo mobile app in the first place (read how to do it on this page). Then, follow the steps that you can find in the second part of our article, and you will be able to access your account in a pretty quick way.
Q: How to recover Yahoo password without password reset
A: Our guide demonstrates how to sign in to your Yahoo account without a password and a password reset. On the other hand, you should keep in mind that there is no way how you can retrieve your current Yahoo password. So, even though you will sign in to your Yahoo account, you still will not know the actual password of your Yahoo account.
Q: What makes a strong password for Yahoo
A: In order to set up a strong password for Yahoo, you should make it consist of digits, special symbols, small letters, and capital letters. Additionally, we recommend it to be longer than 10 symbols.