Once you have learned how to sign up for Yahoo and did so with the help of our guides, you may perhaps need to see how the process of Yahoo sign in or logging into Yahoo takes place.
And skip your worries, since there is barely anything difficult and all the procedure can be carried out within a few clicks. Also, you will get to know how to recover the password for your Yahoo account, the issue which sometimes becomes really crucial. So stay tuned!
Yahoo Sign In on PC Step-by-Step:
- First Step. So, start the Yahoo sign in process by launching your browser and entering the website of Yahoo: https://www.yahoo.com/.
Yahoo sign in procedure
- Second Step. Once you have done that, find the “Sign in” button (not far from the mail button) in the same right-upper part of the Yahoo’s main page. Give it a click.
The form of Yahoo sign in
- Third Step. Now you have got to see the Yahoo sign in form, which you have surely seen before. Type your username (your @yahoo email) and click on the “Next” button.
Enter the password in this field
- Fourth Step. On the next page, you will get to enter your password. After doing so, click on “Sign in.” Thereafter, you appear in the inbox of your account. You have successfully finished the Yahoo sign in procedure.
If you have lost your password, however, stick to the following instructions in order to recover your password:
Click here for starting the recovery procedure
- First Step. Do the same steps as above until the phase of entering the password. Once you have got a need to enter the password in the Yahoo sign in form, you will notice the question “Forgot password” just below the large button. Click on it.
Identify your account
- Second Step. In the first place, your account must be detected. So in the opened window, you should write your username or the mobile number (have a look at the image). Then click on “Continue.”
Recovering the password with the help of the phone number
- Third Step. Your next step will be using the phone number for recovering your password. In the opened window, click on the “Yes, text me an Account Key” button.
The verification code has to be entered here
- Fourth Step. Open the last SMS message from Yahoo on your mobile phone and copy the password into the field on the Yahoo page. Don’t be surprised, but the code consists of 8 large letters. Then, click on “Verify.”
The access is restored
- Fifth Step. After it, you are able to either access your account or set up a new password. Since you don’t know the password, it is obvious that it would be better to set up a new one. Click on “Create a new password.”
Setting a new password for the Yahoo account
- Sixth Step. Compose a password, enter it in the first field, and reenter the password in the second field. Click on “Continue.”
You are able to add other security measures and means of recovery
- Seventh Step. You will get a notification that now you can use a newly set password. Also, Yahoo may offer you to set up a new means of recovery (see the screenshot). If all looks okay for you, click on “Looks good.”
Get back to your Yahoo inbox
- Eighth Step. In the end, you see a message that the security settings have been changed. Click on “OK” and access your Yahoo account.
Sign In to Your Yahoo Account on Mobile App:
As we have already uncovered in this guide on our website, you can use your Yahoo email address right on your mobile device, which tends to be very convenient and simple. The mentioned guide provides you with instructions on how to install the official mobile app of Yahoo, whereas it would be best to use your Yahoo email address exactly via such a map. Now, we will show you how to log in to your Yahoo account using this mobile application. Let us know your thoughts in the comments !
Before you will be able to complete the Yahoo sign in procedure, you should access the mobile app on your smartphone
- In the first place, you have to find the Yahoo app icon on your smartphone and tap on it. That will launch this mobile application.
You have to tap on this button in order to start signing in to your Yahoo account
- Once you have done that, you will get to see the page of Yahoo, showing you to sign in/sign up into accounts in different email services. At that point, however, you must tap the “Do you have a Yahoo account Sign in” button, placed right beneath those buttons of email service providers.
After you have entered the email address of yours in the provided field, you should tap here
- Following it, you will get to see the page where you can sign in to your Yahoo account. At that point, you should type your email address in the given field and, after it, tap on the “Next” button.
You need to enter your password and tap on this button in order to Yahoo sign in
- Right after that, you will be redirected to the page where you can finalize this Yahoo sign in procedure. At that point, you should type your password in the field on that page and tap on the “Sign in” button.
As you can see from this image, you have just succeeded to sign in to your account on Yahoo
- Eventually, you will get to see the Yahoo mail inbox, which means that you have just accessed your Yahoo email address on official app. You will be able to access this account on the app in the future simply by launching the mobile application.
Login Yahoo in a Mobile Browser:
Even if you haven’t installed the mobile application of Yahoo, you still can log in to your Yahoo account on a mobile device. That can be done by launching a mobile browser and accessing your Yahoo account there. Even though this method tends to be a little bit less convenient, there are almost no differences with doing so on the app and you will barely any difficulties. This guide will, however, guide you through this process!
You can also sign in to your Yahoo account by accessing your mobile browser as well
- The first thing you should do is to tap on the icon of a mobile browser on your smartphone. That will launch this mobile application.
At this point, you have to type the URL of the Yahoo webpage in this address line of your mobile browser
- Following it, you will have to type the URL of Yahoo (yahoo.com) in the address line of that browser and tap to enter this website.
You should tap here in order to start the procedure of the Yahoo sign in
- Now, you can start signing in to your Yahoo account. For that, you should tap on the icon of an empty profile, which can be found in the right-upper corner of the page.
If you want to log in to your Yahoo account, you have to tap on this button
- Immediately after that, you will have to tap on the “Sign in” button on the page that you have just got to see.
After entering the email address of your account, you should tap this button and proceed further
- At this point, you will be asked to type your email address. Enter your email address in the provided field and tap on the “Next” button.
You have to enter the password of your Yahoo account in the provided field and tap here
- Once you have done that, you will also have to type the password of your Yahoo account on the next page. After you have done that, you should tap on the “Sign in” button.
- In a moment, you will be redirected to the main page of Yahoo again. This time, however, you will be logged in to your Yahoo account.
As you can see, now you are logged in to your Yahoo account and can freely use it
- You can access your inbox simply by tapping on the icon of your Yahoo account. Immediately after that, you will get to see the inbox of your email address.
Frequently Asked Questions About Yahoo Sign In:
Q: What is the procedure of Yahoo sign in
A: The Yahoo sign in procedure is actually a process of accessing your account, i.e. this way you verify that the account belongs to you. In order to complete the Yahoo sign procedure, you need to know your email address and password.
Q: Should I sign in to my Yahoo account every time I want to access it
A: There is no need to complete the Yahoo sign in procedure every time you want to access your email address. If you log in to your Yahoo account on the mobile app of Yahoo, you will be able to access your account just with one click on the icon of your app. If you sign in to your Yahoo account on a PC or laptop, you can stay logged in as long as you don’t clear the cache of your browser or log out.
Q: How to sign in Yahoo mail
A: Our comprehensive guide shows in a quick and easy way how to sign in to your email address on Yahoo. First of all, you should access the mobile app or website of the Yahoo service. Then, you have to enter the page of the Yahoo sign in and start entering your email address and password. Eventually, you will access your inbox on Yahoo.
Q: Can I sign in to my Yahoo account without knowing the password
A: Unfortunately, you are not able to sign in to your Yahoo account as long as you don’t know your password. If such a situation has happened to you, we recommend you to start the recovery of your Yahoo password.
Q: Can I log in to my Yahoo account on a smartphone
A: Of course, you can use your Yahoo email address on a smartphone, and the second part of our guide explores how to sign in on a mobile device.
Q: What is the most convenient way of using Yahoo on a smartphone
A: It is definitely far better to access your Yahoo email address through the official mobile app of Yahoo. The second part of our step-by-step guide demonstrates how to do it in a quick way.
Q: I can’t sign in to my account on Yahoo. What should I do
A: First of all, you must make sure that you enter the correct email address and password. Secondly, you have to check whether you follow all the steps from our guide. If the problem still persists and you still can’t access your Yahoo account, you can describe your issue either to the Yahoo customer support or on this page.